Friday, January 30, 2015

#FierceFriday : Chris Mears for Winq Magazine (January/February 2015 issue)

Chris Mears in the January/February 2015 issue of Winq Magazine @goseegeo #FierceFriday
The new fitness columnist of Winq Magazine, diver Chris Mears, talks about Tom Daley’s coming out and his coma-to-Commonwealth-gold-medal experience… in the January/February 2015 issue of Winq Magazine.

At 21, Chris Mears has lived a life already. A near-death experience, an Olympic final and now a Commonwealth Games gold medal. Oh, and he’s a globally-accomplished DJ with a huge international fan base and a Big Gay Following.

On his Big Gay Following:

“I’m comfortable with my sexuality and I’m comfortable in my own skin. Nobody is telling me how to think, and whether somebody is gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or whatever doesn’t affect how I see them one bit. I take anyone as I find them and believe everyone should be free to live their life as they wish, and that’s something I’d defend to my dying day.”

On his mate Tom Daley’s coming out:

“Though Tom’s experience on coming out has been brilliant – with so much love and support – I just wonder if it all gets out of proportion, if that kind of big reaction to each coming out dissuades the next guy rather than encourages him? Why does it matter so much? Tom knew how much I thought of him and how proud I was of him before he walked the line, I just don’t think he – or any gay man – should have to do that.”

[Source:  Winq.com]

* More photos after break...

No comments:

Post a Comment