Saturday, December 28, 2013

Saturday Spammin': Tom Daley and rumored boyfriend Dustin Lance Black


You prolly heard of Tom Daley's coming-out video, which is a big deal, at least for me and for young people across the country, even across the world, who saw that brief moment of hesitation in his video (click here for the video) when he says, "Well, that someone ... was a guy." 

Why was it a big deal? It is because Tom redefined how one comes-out. Throughout the video, not one single time did Tom label himself... not as "gay," not as "homosexual," not as "bi." But he went with d) none of the above.

The reason why I didn't write a blogpost that day I saw the video is that, it's not something to talk about. I mean... yes, I'm a huge fan of Tom Daley but his "coming-out" video didn't change my liking for him, not even a bit. I also believe Tom came out not for anyone's sake but he just wanted to tell the whole world that he is happy. For that, he really got my respect for him... for his courage... for his choice of words... and for the love he's feeling towards that special someone.

To close that "coming-out" story of Tom, let me quote Georgia Mae (@Youcantfindme96) from twitter and she said, "The only labels I heard Tom Daley use were "happy" and "safe" surely that's all that matters."

Thank you, Tom, for the honesty and for inspiring more people.

Now, after the quick round-up of Tom's story... you might be wondering who the guy could be. For today's "Saturday Spammin'," you're in for a treat. Here is the rumored boyfriend of Tom. Yep, that is Dustin Lance Black, an American screenwriter, director, film and television producer, and LGBT rights activist. He has won a Writers Guild of America Award and an Academy Award for the 2008 film Milk.

After the "coming-out" video, Tom hasn't been shy to go everywhere with his rumored boyfriend Dustin Lance Black.
May this year, the Olympic diving hero celebrated his birthday with some rooftop cocktails in the company of rumored boyfriend Dustin Lance Black and some pals overlooking the stunning London skyline.

* More photos after break...


The British Olympic diver and the Oscar-winning screenwriter were photographed during a rather cute moment on Wednesday, Dec. 11 in Houston.

The 19-year-old gave his 39-year-old boyfriend a sip of his blended drink as they made their way around the University of Houston, where the athlete is currently training for the upcoming 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro.

The adorable pair was all smiles as they were spotted leaving the campus, while Black showed his support for his beau with his Team Great Britain jacket!

Daley recently gushed on the U.K.'s Jonathan Ross Show that he made the first move on Black, without revealing his boyfriend's identity.

"I'd never felt like anything like it before," Daley recalled. "We were at a party and I hadn't even spoken to him all night. I didn't know what to do or if he was gay at first."

But that didn't stop him from pursuing Black. "I typed 'call me' in his notes with a smiley face on this phone and the next day he texted. He makes me feel safe and happy," he revealed. "Right now I couldn't be happier."

He added, "I'd never felt the feeling of love. It happened so quickly. I was completely overwhelmed by it to the point I can't get him out of my head all the time. I've never had it before where I love someone and they love me just as much."

Article courtesy of  E! Online
Photos courtesy of JustJared

No comments:

Post a Comment